Tuesday 10 November 2009


Today was the quiet before the storm as I spent most of the day processing the rest of Lauren's pictures from her portfolio shoot a couple of weeks ago as she came back to me this morning with her final selection of pictures from the shoot. I then finished scanning the old 1940's brochure and prepared that for printing for one of my regular clients and after all that took my dogs for a lovely walk up in Brickhill Woods just before it got dark.

Tomorrow I've got three jobs in Westfield Shopping Centre in London - two designer shops and the Yo-Sushi restaurant. I'm starting Yo Sushi at 9.00am so need to get a train from Leighton Buzzard by 7.30am latest.

Then I'm back in London on Thursday for more designer shop photography and again on Friday at Liberties Department store. That's a 7.30am start though which is very early for me.

I've designed a small ad tonight for the MK Style magazine to promote the studio so hopefully that will hit the mark and bring in a few portfolio shoots and makeovers for the weekends between now and Christmas. I love doing work with models and also portraits and makeovers but I haven't really had time to advertise locally. It's a catch 22 really - I don't want to take on too much work and the commercial side is very busy at the moment but on the other hand I love working with people in the studio and I'm still working towards my goal of working for Vogue and Harper's Bazaar before the end of next year.

I've posted a picture of Lauren from the processing work I did today.





No comments: