Thursday 19 November 2009


I've had a bit of a mixed day today. My first shoot in London was at South Thames College in Wandsworth where I was commissioned to photograph an illuminated reception desk which looked really great in the shots taken for my brief. Unfortunately some guys from BT had been in to do some work a few days ago and they disconnected all the wiring inside the desk so none of the lighting was working. I'll have to go back in a week or so once it's been repaired.

The second job was at The Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington High Street. This is a superb hotel and the room I photographed looked great so that job went very well. The New Zealand All Blacks rugby team are staying there ahead of the game against England at the weekend and a few of their players were wondering around in the reception area so it was just as well that Melanie didn't come with me - I would never have pulled her away!.

I made the mistake of getting the bus back towards Euston from Kensington and it took ages - just getting along Oxford Street took almost 30 minutes. It was basically one long bus jam. None of the buses were full so why not have fewer buses and less congestion?.

I had planned to be in the studio tomorrow working with Rhian - one of my regular models - but she's come down with something so we've postponed until next week. That means I've got a day off so I'm going to pop over to the studio for a tidy up then I'm going to go for a really long walk and unwind.

I've attached a picture of Collete from the girl's night at the studio.




No comments: