Monday 16 November 2009




The day was spent catching up today and I do feel much better for getting some serious post processing work done. Anyone that reads this blog regularly will see a theme occurring here - I shoot lots of jobs then get behind with the processing and then get stressed out over catching up!!. It's a catch 22 that most photographers have (those that take the job seriously that is!) as a job can be lost in the post processing if it's not done properly. I don't do massive amounts of Photoshop work but it's the RAW processing that's so vital. Digital cameras have made some aspects of photography easier but in other ways they have made more work. In the olden days of film I would shoot mainly slide (transparency) film and for sure the photography would take longer but then all the processing was down the the lab - now it's all down to me!. With black and white film the tweaks I make in Photoshop to brightness and contrast etc would all have been done in the darkroom so again although the technology is new the methods used are based on the darkroom and in the old days if a print was important enough you would pay a professional printer to do it for you.


Tomorrow I'm back at the Natural History Museum to shoot a few video clips (my digital SLR shoots HD video too) as an extra to the work I did a couple of months ago to show the new colour changing LED lighting in full swing. I'm looking forward to this as it's a bit different to shooting stills and I like the creative freedom of the moving image.


I've attached one of the pictures from Liberty in today's blog. The store looks great and I'm really pleased with the pictures.






No comments: