Tuesday 3 November 2009


I've had a much more relaxing day today as I spent the morning post processing pictures from the City University shoot in London last week, then went over to the studio for a bit of a tidy up followed by a small photo shoot at Central Milton Keynes. I was commissioned to photograph before and after pictures of a car park that is about to be re-lit near Saxon Gate in the centre of Milton Keynes. These kind of jobs are great because it's local and I like to photograph areas before they're refurbished so I can go back and really make the "after" shots look impressive.

I've got a couple more jobs to post process tomorrow morning then I'm on BBC Three Counties Radio at 2.30pm for the photography "expert hour". Tomorrow we'll be discussing how to photograph fireworks (for obvious reasons) and hopefully get some callers on the telephone too.

I bought an adaptor on EBay last month that lets me fit my old Canon FD lenses to my new Panasonic G1 camera which I bought a couple of months ago for non work use. The adaptor was made in Hong Kong and I'd basically given up on it ever arriving due to post strikes etc when two of them popped through the letter box this morning!!. Not bad as I only ordered one but it's a long way to send it back so I'm keeping it!. Maybe if I get a job in Hong Kong I'll return the extra one they sent me.

I've attached a picture from yesterdays shoot in Ropemaker Street London as I really like the colours and interior details in the shot. The ceiling is made of custom built lighting panels and the entire building is very impressive.

No comments: