Thursday 26 November 2009


I had a great fun day in the studio today working with a lovely model called Zoe and her friend Ellie. It was our first shoot together and Zoe is such a natural model that the whole day was very easy. We did some full length shots on a lit white backdrop where I used 2 studio flash heads bouncing off reflectors at each edge of the studio to illuminate the white background and a beauty dish as the main light. Then we went out to the old disused railway station at Swanbourne where I used a studio flash head working on a Travel Pak (battery) to overpower the daylight and give a dusk look to the pictures even though we took them at around 2pm.

Then we went back into the studio for the rest of the afternoon and did some shots against the metal doors using an 800W Tungsten Redhead light with barn doors and also some moody shots on the black leather sofa against a black velvet cloth on the wall.

We also did some head and shoulder beauty shots with the large octagonal softbox as the main light and a reflector (ably held in place by Ellie) to fill any slight shadows.

I'm really pleased with the pictures and I've just processed a few through DXO as I'm keen to get them all done asap.

I've attached one from the old railway line today and will attach some more over the next few days.

No comments: