Wednesday 11 November 2009


I had a busy day today working in Westfield Shopping Centre in London. Firstly I photographed the Yo-Sushi restaurant then the Tabio boutique and finally the Donna Ida designer clothes shop. I managed to crack my knee on a shelf in Tabio whilst getting up off the floor after taking a shot from low down and ended up doing the ministry of funny walks for the rest of the day. In fact it's still sore now - who said photography was a safe profession!.


Yo Sushi and Tabio went really well but Donna Ida was a very tricky shoot as the internal space is pretty tight and the ceiling is high. Also the layout is quite odd with a changing area positioned in the centre of the shop effectively breaking the floor space up into odd sized bits.


Tomorrow's jobs in London have been put back until next week which will give me some time to catch up on some post processing. I've also got a job on Saturday now at The Clifton Club in Bristol which is great news.


I popped in to the studio on the way home and had a tidy up. I like to visit the studio every day if possible just to make sure it's all OK and there's the added bonus of a cup of hot chocolate from Dad's Cafe (that's the name of the cafe - it's not my Dad's cafe!!) next door!. They make great hot drinks and food and Theresa is a top lady so if you're in the Bletchley area and need some sustenance pull in to MK:TWO business centre and visit the cafe.


I haven't processed today's pictures yet or the shots from Monday so I've attached a picture from Laurens portfolio in a colour profile called Cold Tone which I really like. Once again I have to stress how much I love Lightroom by Adobe - these colour profiles are just so cool.

















No comments: