Wednesday 18 November 2009


I feel great!. I've had a very productive day working in the office and I've caught up with all my post processing work (even the girlie night we did last month which I've been putting off until I had some time to work through all the pictures).

I'm back in London tomorrow though with 2 photo shoots lined up - one at a shop in Tooting and one at a hotel in Central London and this time I'm going to try to keep up with the post processing so it doesn't mount up too much.

The shoot at the Natural History Museum last night went very well. This time I was shooting some HD video clips of the colour change LED lighting (I shot the still pictures last month) and I will get my video editor colleague to render the footage tomorrow ready to send off to the client for editing. My Canon 5D MK2 is an incredible camera and the HD video it produces is really good quality. The great thing about a pro spec digital SLR that also shoots video is the fact that I can use all my pro spec lenses to create the video clips and also the flexibility of having only one camera to do both jobs. Although I don't claim to be a video buff the camera is very easy to use in video mode and I tend to use it for "moving stills" in that I put the camera on a tripod and set up a good architectural angle for a shot then instead of taking a still image I shoot a video clip but I don't pan the camera around at all.

The last video clip I shot was for Philips Lighting and the link to view it on YouTube is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwV5Io3VhA

I've posted a picture from the shoot at The Clifton Club that I took last Saturday. The chandeliers were tricky to photograph because of the brightness of the lamps but I used a long exposure of 2 seconds and turned the chandeliers off just after the shutter opened.



No comments: