Wednesday 28 October 2009


I was up bright and early this morning and caught the 7.30am train to London from Leighton Buzzard. My first job was at AOL near Warren Street and I photographed some newly refurbished cafe and reception areas which looked great.

Then I went across town to City University at Northampton Square where I photographed some very smart refurbished student study areas and several meeting rooms and reception areas.

I got back to the studio for around 4pm to collect some kit for Thursday's trip to Manchester then home for 5pm.

I've been working on the Kings College pictures since 8.30pm and I've just finished retouching them which is great news. I've got quite a backlog of processing to do and if I fall too far behind I get a bit stressed so I'm working hard to keep up.

I bought another old camera in London today. I saw it in a shop window in Tottenham Court Rd and popped in and haggled hard to get a deal. It's a very clean and tidy Canon F1n from the mid seventies and I've wanted one for ages. It was up for £225 but I got them down to £185 which is a pretty good price. I'm hoping to run some black and white film through it tomorrow!.

I've posted a picture from Kings College which may not look much but was in fact a real challenge. The very bright skylight window was totally bleached out in the original shot so I took a darker shot and blended them together to get one clear shot. This is effectively HDR imaging - High Dynamic Range - where a series of exposures are taken and blended together.

No comments: