Thursday 8 October 2009





I had a small job in London today photographing an exhibition stand in the Building Centre on Store Street (just off Tottenham Court Road) and as it was a lovely day I'd thought I'd try out my new digital point and shoot camera around London. It's a Panasonic G1 and I'm really impressed with the results!. It's only a small camera and the lens is interchangeable and the great news is that it can take may different makes of lens via adaptors. I've just ordered a Canon FD adaptor for it so I can use my classic FD lenses again at last.

The snaps shot of the shown in today's blog were all taken in Jpeg mode on the G1 - if I'd shot them in RAW the quality would have been even better.

I popped in to the Camera Cafe (Aperture Photographic) at lunch time and spent a really pleasant hour chatting to three other photographers. It's always good to talk to fellow pro's and these guys were all in different fields of photography. One made a living by taking street portraits of people without their knowing then he approaches them and sells them a print!. He must have some front as people can get very tetchy when you photograph in public places.

I've now attached a link to my newly created Flickr album so please take a look and let me know what you think.




























No comments: