Tuesday 6 October 2009


I left home pretty early this morning - around 6.45am as I have been up in Newcastle today shooting the interior of a new 02 mobile phone store. I caught the 7.30am train to Euston then walked to Kings Cross where I caught the 9.00am to Newcastle!. I'm writing this blog entry from the Starbucks opposite Newcastle station whilst I kill a bit of time before my 6.10pm train home.

I've just tried to take a snap of myself - never a pretty sight - on the web cam on my notebook computer. It's a bit grainy but it tells a story I guess.

The 02 store was tricky to photograph as it was very long and narrow and was packed with people the whole time I was there. The store itself looked great and it's for one of my favourite customers so I felt under a bit of extra pressure as I wanted to make Nina really liked the shots. - if she does I'll post one on the blog in the next few days.

Work is still coming in at the moment which is great news. I'm now back in London on Thursday for a small shoot at the Building Centre in Tottenham Court Rd followed by a quick shoot at the Landmark Hotel on Marylebone Road then I'm in Reading on Friday shooting a hotel.

I'm also supposed to be doing another studio shoot on Friday with one of my regular models Rhian. She's just bought a Lara Croft outfit and wants to do a fashion shoot in it. We're also looking to do some location work but can't get time to get things together at the moment.

I did my slot on BBC Radio Three Counties yesterday and they called me up an hour ago and have asked me to do a telephone interview at 5.45pm regarding some crappy wedding photographer who's in the news today for supplying a whole wedding shoot of people with their heads cut off. There are some real cowboys around these days thanks to the advent of cheap digital SLR's.

It's rained all day here today - I hope it has back home too as my garden is like a desert!!!.

No comments: