Thursday 18 March 2010


Yesterday's shoot at the cider press in Totnes went very really well. The complex consisted of some really smart shops and a restaurant as well as the press itself and it was the shops I was commissioned to photograph. After the cider press job I drove back to Taunton where I stayed over in the Premier Travel Inn at Ruishton ahead of a shoot today at an Oxfam shop in Bath.


I stay in Premier Travel Inns a lot because you know exactly what you're going to get - a clean room with a double bed, a TV, a kettle and a bathroom with a bath (not just a shower). What more could anyone ask for!. This particular one was really superb with very friendly staff and a very nice restaurant next door called The Blackbrook Tavern. I had a really smart meal and a couple of small glasses of good wine for around £20.


Anyway enough of the Michael Winner impression !


The Oxfam shop in Bath has just been refurbished and is aimed at fashion clothing rather that the usual mixture of stuff you get. Most of the gear was designer labels going for £50 and upwards. I can see the concept they've got and the customers understood that they were going to pay top prices for the clothing so it all worked very well.


I'm in the studio tomorrow shooting a new product for one of my best clients and I'm looking forward to working locally having done a lot of driving recently. It's always good to spend time in my studio because it's my little haven of peace and quiet.


I've attached a picture from All Star Lanes in Bayswater. I've photographed all of the All Star Lanes venues over the past few years.




No comments: