Monday 22 March 2010

I'm currently sitting in the departure lounge at Cork airport waiting for the 6.10pm flight back to Birmingham. Due to my lifelong pledge to never fly Ryanair unless there's absolutely no alternative I've had to go a bit out of my way to get here (I could have flown from Luton to Waterford which would have saved a lot of driving) but it's worth it to know that hopefully I've put a tiny nail into Ryanair's huge coffin and that the Chaos effect - which essentially means that tiny differences make a huge impact over time - will mean that one day they go bust because I flew with Aer Lingus to Cork instead of flying from Luton to Waterford with them. I don't wish anyone any harm in this life but in the past I've had to fly Ryanair and they are without doubt the most arrogant and unhelpful collection of people I've ever met and they seem to go out of their way to antagonise customers. Easyjet by comparison are super friendly and accommodating especially when travelling with heavy camera gear and so far Aer Lingus have been great too. They even have allocated seating - remember that from the old days!.
The actual job I did today was a new Marks and Spencer store in Clonmel which turned out to be a very tidy store and the photography went very well. They were changing a lot of the displays over to spring clothing but I still got the shots I needed for my client.
The drive from Clonmel to Cork was very pretty and the scenery here is top notch. The people have been really friendly too and I've had a good trip all round (although I shouldn't speak to soon as I'm a long way from home still at the moment).
Work is still coming in and we've had a record month - the best we've had in seven years since we started the company. April is starting to get booked up too which is great so lets hope we're on the up. I'm still a bit worried about the election as I think we're being kept in the dark over the state of the economy but for now I'm just riding the wave of recovery!.
The view from the airport departure lounge is stunning as the entire wall facing the runway is glass and about 50ft high and 300ft long. Being a big kid it's great to sit and watch aeroplanes coming in and out so even though I've got a bit of time to kill it's miles better than 95% of departure lounges I've had to hover about in whilst waiting for a flight.
I can't post any pictures yet so will post one when I get back tonight.

No comments: