Wednesday 10 March 2010




Yesterday I drove up to Liverpool to photograph the Marks and Spencer store on Church Street which has been recently re-fitted with a new lighting system. The store looked good and the photography went pretty well. It's a big store and the shoot took me over four hours to complete and my brief was very comprehensive so I had to make sure I didn't miss anything.


After the Liverpool shoot I drove to Holmfirth where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed. I love Summer Wine and still watch the old ones with Compo, Clegg and Foggy in whenever they come on UK Gold. Holmfirth is a great place to visit and I always stay there in the Old Bridge Inn hotel when I'm working in the area. This morning I had a walk around the town and had a mug of tea in Sid's cafe (the one featured in the programme) and went to see Nora Batty and Compo's house.


After an hour of walking around Holmfirth I drove to Leeds to photograph the Marks and Spencer store at Pudsey. This went well too and didn't take quite as long as Liverpool.


I'm really behind with my post shoot processing again now and I'll need to make an early start tomorrow morning to try to catch up a bit.


It's the annual Lighting Design Awards tomorrow night in London at the Hilton Park Lane and I'll be there as usual to do some networking and catch up with some clients as well as having a good night out.


I've got a small rant for today - I've noticed that those Dyson Airblade hand dryers are appearing everywhere. I know they look cool and dry your hands quickly but they also blow manky water from every other bastards hands back up into your face and onto your clothes. The water seems to lie in the bottom of the machine and then as soon as your hands go in the air sprays it up!. Give me a hand towel any day.


I've attached a couple of pictures of Sid's cafe that I snapped this morning.


No comments: