Monday 15 March 2010


Yesterday (Sunday) was spent working in the office and I managed to post process all the Marks and Spencer and Cornwall CC pictures which has really taken the pressure off.

Today I drove up to Wakefield to photograph the new Hepworth Gallery which is a beautiful new modern building designed by David Chipperfield Architects which sits next to some old derelict industrial buildings by the canal. The building is still a work in progress and none of the interior is finished and there's no artwork there so far. My client supplied the spot and track lighting and needed some urgent installation photography even though the building isn't ready as the product is a brand new design.

Tomorrow I'm off to Cheltenham (which is going to be busy as it's Gold Cup week) to photograph a furniture store. Then I'm photographing a cider press in Devon on Wednesday and an Oxfam store in Bath on Thursday. Friday is going to be spent in the studio where I have some product photography to do and also a portrait of one of my best customers.

We're still getting some good new enquiries coming in so at the moment life is really busy!.

I'm on the verge of buying a Mac (a computer not a coat!) as I'm being asked more and more to shoot video clips as well as stills and my 5D MK2 video output needs to be edited in a program called Final Cut Pro which is only available on the Mac. It's going to be a big investment for me and I'm still unsure whether to go for a desktop or laptop version. I need a new laptop anyway so I guess a Macbook would solve both problems in one.

I've attached a shot from the Cornwall CC shoot - I really loved the 1960's architecture of this building.


No comments: