Sunday 7 March 2010


Last week was another super busy week and despite a lot of driving I really enjoyed it. I haven't had time to blog since Wednesday so I'll fill in the gaps now. On Thursday I started off at Trinity College in Oxford where I photographed the newly refurbished student accommodation inside part of the main college building for one of my top clients. The college is beautiful and the rooms on one side overlook the lovely gardens in the middle of the college and on the other side they look out into one of Oxford's oldy worldy streets - in short a great place to stay!. Then I drove on to Exeter where I photographed a new furniture showroom for one of my best clients along with some staff portraits for a PR story. Then the final leg of the journey took me down to Truro in Cornwall where I stayed overnight ready for a full day photographing the newly refurbished Cornwall CC building.

My client stayed overnight too and we had a great night out in Truro visiting a cool bar that used to be a church (feels a bit odd really boozing in an old church!) then a very smart restaurant called Bustophers where the food was top notch.

The shoot on Friday went very well and I'm just starting to edit the pictures now. The Cornwall CC building is a 1960's concrete design but it really works (some 1960's buildings don't) and the place felt pretty retro cool and the interior finishes were really high quality.

I drove all the way home in on Friday night (all 270 miles) as I needed to be back for an indoor league cricket match on Saturday.

Apart from playing cricket (we won - hooray!) I had a quiet Saturday and today I've worked non stop all day in an attempt to catch up with my post shoot processing.

Tomorrow I'm off to Lindhurst in the New Forest to photograph an office building then on Tuesday and Wednesday I'm up in Liverpool and Leeds with an overnight stay in Holmfirth where I go on a Last of the Summer Wine pilgrimage whenever I get the chance. Summer Wine was filmed in Holmfirth and Sid's Cafe is still there and open for business so I always get a cup of tea there when I visit. I'm aware that I'm sounding like an old fart now so I'll sign off for today.

I've attached a picture from Superdry at Basingstoke from the shoot there earlier this week.


No comments: