Monday 7 September 2009

The shoot with Rebecca this morning went really well. If you log onto our studio website www.redshift-studio.co.uk she's the one in the fashion gallery wearing a red polka dot dress.
Today we managed to fit in four costume changes into a 4 hour shoot. My favourite was the "rock chic" look which I thought suited her so well. I should have some of the pictures on the website by tomorrow. We used a white backdrop that I left unlit so it graduated off to grey but for me the best backdrop was the steel shutter roller doors on my studio - they gave a really hard look to the pictures which worked so well.
I kept the lighting simple with either just one flash with a beauty dish, standard reflector or softbox depending on the look required, but also at times adding in a second head with a snoot attached to lift areas of the picture along with a white reflector to lift the contrast.
I'm having a breather now then off to Crayford near Dartford tonight for a dusk and night shoot in a public park which has just been re-lit with funky lighting.
Just got a new job in for next Monday up in Macclesfield so that's great news too.

No comments: