Monday 21 September 2009


I've spent the morning so far working on marketing stuff. You can be the best photographer in the world but if you don't market yourself properly you'll go bust!.

I use a company called CAOS design for my graphic design etc and they always produce superb results and I've got a part time marketing lady called Maureen who works closely with them to make sure all my adverts etc read well. Everyone should have a Maureen in my opinion!.

I've got a van load of solar panels turning up at the studio today and I've put tomorrow aside for photographing them. I did one last month and although technically they're straightforward enough the problem really comes from the fact that the are huge and really heavy. The last one I did was 6ft x 4ft and I had to man handle it on my own around the studio.

I've just enetered some pictures into this years International Masters Cup awards. Last year I was nominated in the architectural section which was great as it was the first competition I'd entered in ages. I've attached the picture that gained the nomination which was taken in an office block in Central London. The blurred figure on the right is me - the camera was on the 10 second self timer - and the lady on the right was taken in a seperate shot and I merged the two pictures together in Photoshop.




No comments: