Friday 11 September 2009

I'm sitting in the sunshine outside the Sutton Scotney service area on my way home from the Isle of White shoot. The traffic is at a standstill on the A34 so I thought I'd have a quick cup of tea and update the blog.
Yesterday was a great day and I will post up some pics when I get them processed. I went out with my clients last night and we had a great meal followed by a disco - then a band came on called "may contain nuts" made up of musicians from within the construction industry. The lead singer looked like the bloke that used to play Rebus before the current guy - but with longer hair. He was trying to look a bit too cool as he was probably 40+ (they all were in the band) and wore a black DJ with red trainers!. The bass player looked almost dead but was hanging in there and sounded better than he looked. They were doing really well (we even forgave the singer for jumping off the stage and singing from the dance floor!!) until they buthchered a version of Child of Mine by Guns and Roses. I think we egged them on a bit with loads of applause and they tried something they probably hadn't rehearsed enough - over confidence is a bad thing!.
I took some party shots of every one with the 5D and 24-105 combination with the 580EX flash fired through a diffuser to reduce the harsh shadows in the pictures.
The battery life on the Canon lithium batteries is so good these days that one battery pretty much saw me through a whole day - until an hour from the end anyways!.
We all took in a full english this morning at a cafe in East Cowes that had a large train set running around the top of the walls - superb - I wanted it.
I hope to be home for around 5pm then I've got stacks of pictures to process over the weekend.
Right now it's time to try the A34 again!.

No comments: