Saturday 12 September 2009


I've managed to avoid working today right up until an hour ago. I just couldn't help batching up a load of RAW files from the yacht race on the Isle of Wight that I photographed on Thursday. I've attached a picture of the Kinnarps racing yacht that I took from a Sunseeker power boat which was bobbing about as much as the yacht (hooray for Canon's image stabilisation system).

I've also just edited all the pictures from my two studio shoots this week and although I've tried to be ruthless and delete loads of the not so good shots I've still got too many left so need to take another look tomorrow. I like to edit pictures over a couple of days with say three of four viewings as this helps to really pick out the stand out shots and delete the others.

On a personal level I've had a lovely day. I play in a brass band (we do pop style music rather than old marches etc) and we played at the Stewkley village picnic!. Before that I took my dogs for a walk with my little boy Harry and we had a lovely time walking through the fields behind Little Horwood church. The hay has just been cut into those huge round bails and the dogs loved sniffing around in the freshly cut grass.
Next week is looking busy up on my wall planner so that's great news. I hate to mention the R word but the past three months have been a bit quieter than normal (although still pretty busy so can't complain) so here's hoping the economy is on the up.

No comments: