Monday 25 January 2010


Today I've been down in Southampton and Portsmouth working for another of my regular clients that manufacture spotlights and track lighting systems. The pictures I'm taking for them are for their new catalogue and website.

The first project was a guitar shop in Southampton and although the interior was quite small the pictures look good because of the colour and shape of the guitars and amps on display. In fact there were two separate shops - one for electric guitars and one for acoustic - next door but one to each other as part of the same company. Every time I go into a shop like this I want an electric guitar but my bass guitar has ended up as a prop in my studio and I'm sure a six string version would go the same way.

The second job was at the County Court in Portsmouth and this was a lot more challenging as is it basically a plain 1980's interior with very sparse finish and I wasn't allowed to get anyone in the pictures.

I'm doing a shoot tomorrow in Crawley so I'm writing this entry in my hotel room at the Premier Travel Inn Crawley (no expense spent!) but I've got a TV and a kettle so I'm happy.

Tomorrow afternoon I've got a shoot at a steel factory in Wolverhampton then I'm away up to Manchester for the shoot on Wednesday.

I've got a moral dilemma to handle on Wednesday night as my client in Manchester (and mate too) is taking me to Old Trafford for the Carling Cup second leg match against Manchester City. As an ardent Arsenal fan I've always wanted United to lose but I'm going to have to do some top level acting as I'll be sitting in the Stretford End and don't want to be mistaken for a City fan!.

I'm in the studio on Thursday and Friday which will be great - especially as I've got some more work on Thursday night for the adult TV channel. If you can't enjoy your work then you shouldn't do it - that's my point of view anyway!.

I've attached a picture I took of Kimberley a couple of weeks ago which I've converted to a Polaroid style direct print colour profile in DXO.




No comments: