Tuesday 26 January 2010


The job this morning at the Crown Plaza hotel in Crawley (near Gatwick airport) went really well. The brief was to photograph one of the new club bedrooms and I must admit I was very impressed with the design and quality of the room. The main room was big and light and airy and the bathroom was also quite big and there was a TV built into the tiled wall at the end of the bath - perfect.

I then drove round the M25 and up the M40 and stopped at the big hotel in Stokenchurch for a bit of lunch. My day is generally planned around where to eat and also how many cups of tea I can get during any given trip.

I'm now at the steel factory at Wolverhampton waiting for it to get dark!. I got here half an hour early at 2.30pm only to find the highbay lights don't come on until it's dark outside due to the extensive roof skylights!. My brief is to photograph the industrial lighting in context of the factory so the lights do need to be on.

Industrial photography is great fun especially in places like this where there are huge machines rumbling around and big sheets of steel being cut and hammered into shape.

Once I'm finished here I'm off to Manchester ready for tomorrow's shoot at a new hospital up there.

The new blog rating shown on the right looks good and I've been rated at 7.3 out of 10!. If you get a minute please click on the rate this blog button - thanks!.

I've just retouched another shot of Kimberley on the laptop and I've attached it to today's blog.


No comments: