Tuesday 12 January 2010




I started to come down with a cold yesterday and spent the day telling Melanie what a wimp she was being as she's had a cold for a few days and has been moaning and groaning about it 24/7 and that I had a bad cold but was laughing it off. Well the laughter stopped this morning as I woke up and felt terrible and I've got full blown man flu. I managed to get to the shoot at Cheltenham College and got the shots of the beautiful dining hall for my client but the drive home was challenging. I'm about to drink my 5th Lemsip of the day then I'm off to bed as I've got a busy day tomorrow. Firstly I'm in the studio with the lovely Amy then I've got a meeting with a client at 2pm.


I had another commission in today from one of our regular clients to shoot a school in Marlborough in Wiltshire which is in the diary for the week after next so that's great news. January is looking pretty busy now and we needed that after a quiet December.


I've attached a picture from the Cheltenham College shoot today which I've just processed through Lightroom. I usually use DXO to process the RAW images for commercial interior shoots as it automatically takes out the barrel distortion from most of my lenses but it doesn't work with the Canon 24mm tilt and shift lens that I used today. I find Lightroom gives the purest image quality from RAW files compared to any other RAW processing package I've tried.

I can honestly say that this school dining room doesn't bear any resemblance to the one we had at Winslow Secondary School back in the late 1980's!.





No comments: