Friday 11 December 2009


I spent the day post processing yesterdays two projects - Alders Farm office development and Smallbones of Devizes, and I'm very pleased with the finished pictures. The post processing took me most of the day as I needed to carefully colour balance each picture as my client supplied the interior lighting to both projects and therefore we didn't want any colour casts etc.

Then at 4pm I photographed a brand new street light for one of my best clients which they've installed in their car park. That was tricky as I had to use the portable flash system to help reduce the apparent brightness of the light against the dusk sky.

I then had to take a different light complete with lamp post back to my studio ready for Monday morning. This sounds easy enough but it took three of us to squeeze the fitting plus it's 6 ft pole carefully into my Volvo V50. Volvo's are great but it's a real pain in the bum getting the seats flat in the back (unfortunately these days the back seats don't get used for much!!) but after removing a baby seat, dog guard (bugger I just realised how middle class that makes me sound - which I'm really not!!) and the retractable boot cover we did it.

I then drove through Bletchley with a large street light resting on my hand above the gear stick trying to keep in second gear whenever possible.

The light is now safely in my studio and I'm looking forward to photographing it on Monday.

I'm on BBC 3 Counties Radio on Monday afternoon at 2.30pm doing my monthly photography phone in so give me a call if you get a minute.

I've attached a picture from the Smallbones of Devizes shoot that I took yesterday.





No comments: