Monday 14 December 2009




I did my monthly photography phone in show on BBC Three Counties Radio today as part of Lorna Milton's afternoon show and I must admit that I really enjoyed it - even more than usual. We had some good questions from the listeners to answer and I had a good chat with some of the other presenters before I went on air. The show is available to listen to on BBC iPlayer and there's a link to it on my studio web site (just in case you can't sleep!!).


I'm back in the studio tomorrow photographing some products for one of my regular customers and I've also got a meeting with a TV production company based in the same business park as my studio regarding some ideas I've got for a viral marketing campaign that I'd like to try. More on this tomorrow!.


As usual December is a quieter month on the architectural and interiors side of the business as no one wants pictures with Christmas decorations in them. I have already got some bookings in the diary for January though which is great news. Every year I remind myself to relax in December as it's the only chance I get to take some time off. It's also a good time for me to think about marketing the business and to come up with a new business plan for the year ahead.


The studio is getting busier though so it looks like our advertising is paying off. I've got a lot of product work pencilled in for January and I've got some bookings next week for family portraits.


I'm also doing quite a bit of personal project work in the studio with models like Zoe and hopefully we'll be doing another studio shoot together next week.


I've posted a picture of Zoe from last week's shoot taken on location near Little Horwood utilising available light late in the afternoon.




No comments: