Wednesday 9 December 2009


I had another busy day in the studio today which was great fun and productive too!.

Luckily Zoe agreed to come back in again today for another few hours and we ran through quite a varied routine of flash lighting set ups and outfit changes. We started with some close up's of Zoe's legs in some fashion tights and leggings for a test I'm doing for a hosiery label based in London. It's tough work but someone has to do it!. I'm sure Zoe won't mind me saying that she's got the most beautiful legs so she's perfect for the job of showing off legwear!.

Then we did some black and white portraits with very hard direct lighting followed by some lovely shots of Zoe in a flowery dress using a large octagonal softbox. We then tried some shots with a graduated grey backdrop and finished off with some "rock chick" style shots against the white breeze block walls using ring flash. We also popped out into the corridor and did some shots against the steel shutter doors and also against some orange packing crates!.

If I was running a modelling agency I'd sign Zoe up right away as she's so versatile and looks fab in a whole range of clothes from rock chick to formal evening wear.

Then I took a portrait of a lady who is setting up a skin care company and needed a picture for her new website. This was pretty straightforward and I used the large Octobox on a boom to give some gentle butterfly lighting with a silver reflector on a stand to give some fill.

I'm off to Beaconsfield tomorrow for a 9am shoot at a new office development then I've got a kitchen design showroom to photograph in the afternoon near Oxford.

I was hoping to photograph the Orchard Theatre in London on Friday but I haven't had the go ahead yet as the glazing company fitting the new windows is running behind schedule.

I've attached a picture of Zoe from yesterday - I love this shot!.

No comments: