Saturday 29 May 2010


As a professional photographer I feel a real duty to give my clients the very best pictures that I can from every job I'm commissioned to work on from large commercial buildings to portrait shoots through to pack shots and product photography. The deal is that a true pro should deliver consistent results every time that meet the clients brief and uphold the reputation of the photographer at the same time. I always aspire to this theory and always put my heart and soul into every single job every time. But as any photographer will tell you (those that are honest with you anyway!) you only really capture a small number of really stunning pictures each year - ones where everything comes together and everything just works really well.

I had one of those special days on Friday (yesterday) when I was lucky to spend the day with a very beautiful and energetic model called Annalie. We spent a couple of hours in the studio then headed out onto location and took some shots at one of my favourite haunts on the old railway line at Swanbourne Station. I used the Bowens Travel Pak for the location work - basically a portable battery that lets one use a studio flash head out in the open air.

I've attached a picture from the shoot which I took under the old railway bridge on the Little Horwood to Mursley road (for those of you who are geographically minded) and I converted the colour in Adobe Lightroom to resemble good old fashioned slide film (for those of you who are photographically minded!!).

Tomorrow I'll post one of the studio shots that I took with the Bowens ringflash adaptor.

No comments: