Wednesday 19 May 2010


Yesterday's shoot in Gland (Switzerland) at the new IUCN HQ went very well even though the day began at 4am!. I flew out on the 8.00am flight to Geneva then caught a train from Geneva to Gland. The shoot went really well and my clients Marc and Katie came along to help out. We began by shooting some video interviews with the lead architect on the project, then we shot some stills and video of the building to add to the shots we took last time we visited site back in February. The final video is going to be a 15 minute movie and I saw a rough cut of the film so far yesterday and it looks good. The editing is being done in Sweden and they've made my video work look good so I'm very happy about that!.

I got back home at 11.15pm so it was a long old day but it felt good as I think we did a good job.

This morning I post processed the stills pictures and sent them off to the client (although Yousendit managed to loose the files twice!) then in the afternoon I did a shoot with Amy who is a top video editor, radio program producer with the BBC and very cool model all in one!. We headed down to the disused railway line at Swanboune Station and also the old railway bridge in Winslow and then ended up in a spooky old disused cow shed which has been heavily graffiti ed and left to fall down.

I used my Bowens Travel Pak and 500 W/s flash head to overpower the daylight and to make the afternoon light look like dusk.

Tomorrow I've got a shoot in Andover at the MOD so that should be exciting. I always like driving out in that direction and I hope the sun shines as the scenery out near Oxford is beautiful.

I've attached a picture from today's shoot of Amy in the old cow shed.

No comments: