Monday 3 May 2010


I had a late night in the studio on Saturday as I did a shoot for a young lady's birthday and she came along with three of her mates and her Mum and Dad for a studio session. We started at 8.30pm and went through until around 11pm. The great thing about working at the weekend is that I can run the stereo up to full tilt so the place rocked and we got some really good shots of the girls which were full of energy.

I used a basic three flash setup with two heads fitted with long strip softboxes lighting the white backdrop and one flash mounted on a boom above the girls fitted with a large softbox for the key light. We also used two 6ft x 4ft silver panels to add some extra softness for some of the shots.

Yesterday I took my old but much loved Canon F1 out for a shoot loaded with black and white film. I took lots of portraits of Harry my son which I will get developed today and I'll post one in the blog tomorrow. It's always great to load up a roll of film and the old Canon FD cameras feel so chunky and solid and the lenses are lovely and smooth to focus.

I'm heading back into the studio tomorrow to shoot some product photography on the 5x4 view camera so I'll be using film again.

I've attached a picture from the Shoot on Saturday night taken with my Canon EOS 5D MK2 and 24-105mm F4 L Lens.



No comments: