Monday 24 May 2010


I post processed the pictures from Thursday's shoot at the Army HQ in Andover this morning and I'm really pleased with the results. The building has been refurbished and looks immaculate and on every glass wall and on most of the painted walls there are beautiful graphics and pictures showing scenes from the Battle of the Somme right up to Afghanistan. The new furniture looks great too and I tried to include the wall graphics into the shots to illustrate the fact that the project is for the MOD.

When I walked around the site with the Major and the Brigadier I did mention the fact that I played in a Territorial Army band for a couple of years but I don't think they were terribly impressed!!. Hopefully though they'll be impressed with the pictures.

This afternoon I travelled up to London on the train from Leighton Buzzard station and photographed the interior of Ozwald Boateng the menswear shop on Savile Row. The interior was dark and very minimal but also very stylish and I think the pictures should look good - I'll post one tomorrow if I get them done in time.

Tomorrow I'm working in Birmingham at the NEC where I'm making a short video for an electrical component manufacturer and as I'm now really into video I'm looking forward to filming and editing it.

I've attached a picture from one of last month's product shoots in the studio. At the time the product had not been released and so I couldn't post any of the pictures but now it's launched here it is!. It's called Ratio and is a beautiful street and car park light that has LED's instead of a lamp. The lighting is very moody and I used one main light to camera left with a large softbox, a reflector on the right of the product for fill and a second light bounced off the ceiling to light the fins on top of the product with barn doors attached to stop any light spilling directly onto the product.




No comments: