Wednesday 12 May 2010


I spent the first part of the day working through some studio shots I took of a lady called Emma who came in for a portfolio shoot a few weeks ago and she's just chosen the pictures for the final edit. I'll post one of the retouched pictures in tomorrow's blog (if I get them finished!).

Then I headed over to the studio where I spent an hour trying to fix the focusing gear mechanism on my 5x4 view camera which involved replacing a couple of tiny screws - simple enough you'd think but it was so fiddly and it took me ages.

My next move was over to Calumet (the camera dealer in Milton Keynes) to return my tripod and shiny new tilt and pan Manfrotto head. I bought the new head a couple of weeks ago to use when I need to shoot video but the bloody thing just wouldn't come off after I used it on a job a few days ago. I've tried loads of times to get it off to no avail and got to the point where I lobbed the whole thing across the floor and called up Dan at Calumet to arrange to return it for some expert help. It was still jammed on yesterday when I last tried so today I finally had a chance to get back to the shop and get it sorted. I walked in, took the tripod out of the bag and said something like "It's well and truly stuck -there's no way it's coming off.." then turned the head to illustrate the point and it unscrewed perfectly!!. I can't explain how that happened but I'm just glad it did.

I've attached a picture in today's blog that I took at the Liverpool One shopping development a couple of years ago. The scheme has been shortlisted for a major award and the picture featured in the Guardian but they cleverly credited my shot to a different photographer!.



No comments: