Tuesday 22 June 2010


Today's shoot in Milton Keynes began at 8am and I didn't finish shooting until 6pm. I was photographing the new housing development at Campbell Square in Central Milton Keynes and my client (who attended the shoot) had a concise brief which meant photographing the various stages of construction on the site. We had some professional models booked to play the part of happy flat owners etc for the shots of the completed flats and the day went really well despite the heat!. The Bowens Travel Pak came to the rescue again today as I needed some powerful flash inside some of the unfinished apartments and the 240V supply wasn't in use so I ran the flash off the battery pack. I also used it outside to provide some fill for the shots in direct sunlight to help reduce the harsh shadows caused by shooting beneath a harsh sun.


Tomorrow I've got a similar shoot in Bromley By Bow (East London) for the same client where we're photographing a building site with various levels of completion. We're starting at 8am again but this time the early start is due to the England match as we think the site will be empty come 3pm.


Thursday is also really busy as I have two small jobs in the morning and an evening shoot - all in Central London. The first job is a basic head shot (portrait) for a website which I'm taking on location in the City, then I'm photographing a small debate from late morning until just after lunch for Lighting magazine. The evening job is a mix of both stills and video and it's of the BT Tower where I need to capture the new LED TV screens right at the top of the tower.


I'm due to be editing some video on Friday too so that makes for a busy week.

Today's picture was taken for the company that made the new street lighting in Central Milton Keynes - War of the Worlds anyone?.




No comments: