Thursday 10 June 2010


The drive up to Leeds and back yesterday was pretty tiring due to some really bad weather but the meeting went really well and I've got a new client with a lot of upcoming work!. The first job for them is next week over in Peterborough. Although work ahas slowed down in the past three months I am getting a lot of enquiries from new clients so I'm sure things are on the up.

I've been post processing the shoot from S Lucas group's new HQ this morning and I'm about to head over to my video editing guy to get the clips that I took there edited into a movie along with some still images and interviews. Video is the way forward I think as more clients want clips on their websites and to post onto You Tube.

I cleaned the sensor on my 5D MK2 yesterday before the video shoot as I've noticed a few nasty marks appearing on the video footage recently. That's easy to cure with still photographs by using the clone tool in Photoshop but with video it is a real problem and takes hours to remove. I need to make sure I clean the sensor regularly to avoid this hassle in the future. It's a bit daunting at first swabbing a sensor in a £2,000 camera but after a while you get quite bold and just go for it.

I've posted a picture in today's blog from the IUCN HQ shoot in Switzerland that I took last month. This is the most environmentally friendly and sustainable building in the world and the video footage and stills I took over two visits have now been edited into a 9 minute video (superbly edited by Future Labs in Sweden!). The video is now finished and on Youtube - here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAAy5ksS8No

The picture I've posted is a portrait of the Architect Hanspeter Oester of AGPS Architects in Zurich.





No comments: