Tuesday 29 June 2010


Last week was back to being full on and ultra busy again which is great news and I therefore spent most of the weekend post processing pictures in an attempt to get up to date. I'm pretty much there now although I did have a small shoot near Peterborough this morning which I'll need to work through later tonight.
I had some good feedback today from one of my new clients (the guys who commissioned me to photograph the two large construction sites last week) and it's always great to hear that any client is happy - especially a new one. I've posted a picture from the Bromley By Bow site photography in today's blog.
Work is still hard to find at the moment and I feel lucky that I've managed to keep so busy. Many photographers seem to be very light on work and I'm very grateful to all our regular clients for the continued flow of commissions. Hopefully though the economy will start to really pick up again within the next few months making life a bit easier for every one!.
I like to recommend websites in the blog and today I'm going to give a big thumbs up for photo.net. I love this website and it's free to join which is an added incentive to try it out. You can post questions about all aspects of photography into the forum and also post up your work for critique - here's the link - http://photo.net/
As mentioned above here's a picture from the construction site last week. The brief was to capture all aspects of the building process from foundations to finished flats as the site is huge and has each stage of development going on right now. The shot I've posted is illustrating the health and safety aspect of the site and shows an inspector and the site manager looking over the builders working up on the top of the block of flats. I took the picture with my original EOS5D (not the MK2) and used a lot of fill flash to try to even out the harsh full sunlight.



No comments: