Tuesday 8 June 2010


I spent the morning shooting some video interviews and some footage of an office interior for a short film I'm making for an office furniture company along with some stills for their website. OK so it's not Avatar but it's been great fun and I'm looking forward to editing the footage on Thursday and Friday!. Some of the footage is a little over exposed - the 5D MK2 is a fantastic camera for stills and video but the LCD screen can be a little misleading when it comes to reviewing footage - I should have put a test clip onto the laptop to check for brightness etc but never mind, I can pull it back slightly in post production.

Then I drove over to my client's showroom near Heathrow and photographed a new office desk (it was too big to take to the studio) and I'll need to cut the desk out and drop it onto a plain background in Photoshop to make it look like a proper studio shot. Sometimes this needs to be done but it's much easier to shoot things in the studio and capture the whole image in one go.

Tomorrow I'm driving up to Leeds for a meeting with another potential new client and there's the chance of a lot of work from them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes to plan.

I've attached a shot from the shoot at Ropemaker Street from a few weeks ago because I've just included the shot in a PDF portfolio and I really like the feel of the picture with the blurred figure adding some dimension.





No comments: