Monday 14 June 2010


I'm still wondering how Rob Green let that goal in on Saturday night against the USA!. I started off as a sports photographer back in the late eighties and I've witnessed some big howlers in my time but that one really tops it all. I hope that both England and the USA can get through the group but it looks like Slovenia have stolen a march on us with their win over Algeria.I'm just hoping we don't slip up on Friday again the Algerians - to be honest nothing would surprise me!.

Anyway today I'm currently post processing around 90 product photographs that I took of an office chair for one of my best clients. We're going to use them to create a flickbook style movie showing all the operations of the chair. We recorded the voice over a few days ago and now I need to clean up all the shots and get them over to my editor to finalise the clip. As soon as it's finished I'll upload it to the blog.

I've had another new job in this morning which is a shoot of the BT Tower at night as the top of the tower features some state of the art colour changing LED projectors. I'll be shooting both video and stills and I'm hoping to get access to a couple of roof tops for a better angle on the tower itself. I'll also look to get some street scenes with the tower featuring in the background and I think a video should work very well as I'll be able to capture a flavour of London life at night.

I'm now 99% sure that I'm going to invest in a Mac as I'm doing more video than ever and Final Cut Pro seems to be the program of choice for editing the 5D MK2 footage and it's only available on the Mac. I'm doing some Final Cut Pro training tomorrow to see if I can understand the way the software work - if it feels good and intuitive I'll bite the bullet and go for it.

I'm using Flickr more and more to promote my work these days as it is faster and easier to access than our website. If anyone gets a minute please take a look and let me know what you think - here's the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/redshiftphoto/

Here's link to the final video of the IUCN HQ in Gland Switzerland using my stills and video footage that I took over two visits to site. The editing is superb and was done by Future Labs in Sweden - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAAy5ksS8No

I've posted a picture in today's blog from a shoot at 5 Aldermansbury Square in London - a dusk shot to show the effect of the accent lighting in the reception area.







No comments: