Monday 22 February 2010


After a relaxing weekend it was great to really crack on with the post processing work from last week's work. I've finished off the staff portrait shoot and the event photography from Thursday night and I'm currently working on the Sainsbury Thetford store pictures. The Sainsbury's pictures are shots of the back of house storage areas and the lighting used throughout are bare fluorescent tubes. These need to be visible in the pictures so I'm using a program called Photomatix to effectively layer together a well exposed shot and a very under exposed shot for each final picture. This allows me to show some detail in the fluorescent fittings and is a better solution than manually layering them together in Photoshop. The pictures still need further retouching after this to look natural but it's a useful program.

This week is very busy starting with two jobs tomorrow - one in Derby and a small shoot in Leicester in the afternoon, then I'm in Switzerland on Wednesday and Thursday photographing a new super green office building. Finally I've got another shoot in Leicester on Friday.
The next few weeks are pretty full now and I'm stepping up my marketing for the studio so hopefully I can keep things really bubbling away over the next few months.

I've attached another of the location portraits from last week's shoot.



No comments: