Thursday 8 April 2010


The weather played a blinder today for my shoot in Sutton at the new Middleton Circle Library.

The external shots look good although the direct sunshine made the interior a bit tricky as the library has lots a glass facade. I guess the weather is never 100% right when you're a photographer - in fact I feel a bit like a gardener (always moaning about the weather).

I'm back in the office and downloading today's pictures and I'm hoping to get the post shoot processing done tomorrow as the architect needs the pictures back for a competition entry next week. I picked up a new commission from the same architects practice today for another building in Sutton and that's always great when clients come back again and again.

We had an email from Oxfam HQ regarding the pictures I did at the Oxfam store in Bath last month which I took on behalf of the lighting company that supplied the spotlights to the shop. The guys at Oxfam liked the pictures and have asked us to quote for photographing two more of their new stores so we gave them a special price and hopefully that will come off. We gave them a very special rate and hopefully that will come off as it will be good fun to do. We do some charity work every year and also donate to several charities through the company which is only right especially in these troubles times.

We had another studio booking in today for a couple of portraits so this month is a good one for studio based work. We really haven't promoted it enough locally but I'm getting ready to send out some of our flickbooks to local manufacturers to try to get some more product photography.

It's difficult to balance the time at the moment between actual work and looking for new clients but marketing is vital and I need to pay more attention to it. It's always best to have too much work after all!.

I've attached a picture from the shoot at South Gloucester Council last week.




No comments: