Monday 19 April 2010


I caught the train down to London today for a shoot at Vauxhall Primary School near the Oval cricket ground in London. It was a big Victorian school that has been recently refurbished with some very modern and clean suspended fluorescent lighting fittings manufactured by one of my clients. The kids were away today so I had a free reign to snap away and I spent around 4 hours capturing the best classrooms and corridor areas. It was a challenge as I had to move lots of books and posters etc around to make sure each shot looked tidy but I'm pleased with the pictures and I'll post one later in the week.

London looked great today in the sunshine and everyone seemed pretty happy - people even smiled at each other on the tube!.

I popped in to Calumet (a large camera dealer in Drummond Street next to Euston station) and I bought a new fluid head for my tripod which is designed to make panning very smooth when shooting video. I also bought a proper microphone for my 5D MK2 as I'm shooting a big office on Thursday and we'll be doing some movie clips and interviews as well as the stills. I made the mistake of using the in-camera microphone last time and the sound was pretty poor so this time around things will be much better!.

It's all expense but video is really becoming important to my clients so I need to have the best kit I can get.

Tomorrow I'm shooting some products in the studio which will be fun - I'm really into product photography and I'm using a black velvet backdrop tomorrow and lighting the products like I would a glamour model to give a really moody feel to the pictures. I've already shot some for the same client in this way and I'll post some of the pictures up once the products are released and on sale - at the moment they are still under wraps.

I've attached one of my favourite pictures from last week's shoot at Middleton Circle Library.




No comments: