Saturday 10 April 2010


The studio shoot today went really well and I had loads of fun. Emma and Mark came along to the studio for a shoot which Mark had bought Emma for Christmas. Emma did really well and looked very natural in front of the camera - especially considering it was her first time in a studio.

For most of the shoot I used a single 500W/s flash head bounced off the back wall of the studio to simulate the softness of daylight. Then we moved on to some classic hollywood lighting with a single head on a boom directly above Emma with a large softbox to diffuse the light. Then we finished off with a few shots in front of the metal roller shutter door to give a more industrial edgy feel to the pictures which I shot with the beauty dish attached to the flash head.

Now for today's non photography based rant...

Anyone who reads my blog will know that I can't bloody stand the awful celebrity culture we have been saddled with in this country. When everyone is struggling so much just to keep going I just don't understand why people are so mesmerised by these overpaid talentless twats on the TV. Take the latest pile of shite to hit the TV screens - The Door. Basically it's "I'm a celebrity got me out of here" (which is shit anyway) but in a TV studio in London instead of in the so called jungle. I haven't actually watched it but the trailer was bad enough to put me off anyway.

Now for today's point...I just saw Richard Hammond in a trailer for a new TV program - can someone please tell him he's too old to wear a stupid hippy necklace and that he looks like a prick!.

Thank you - that's a lot better.

Here's a picture from today's shoot which had been converted to faded colour in Lightroom.


No comments: