Tuesday 13 April 2010


It's 10.40pm and nearly finished for the day. I managed to complete all the remaining post processing on the library job and sent the pictures over to the architect via Yousendit.com a really useful FTP site. Then I arranged Thursday's shoot in London and I'm really pleased that my mate and assistant Kirsty is coming along to help. She's very organised and gets me to places in one piece and she's a very good photographer in her own right too so she's a handy kind of person all round!!.

Tonight I've edited down the studio shoot from Saturday from 500+ pictures to around 130 or so. That's still way too many but not bad for a first and second edit. I'll look again in the morning with fresh eyes and will narrow it down to 50 or so to send to Emma to choose from.

Tomorrow I'm back in the studio again working on some more product photography and then I need to practice lighting an office chair for a demo video clip I'm starting work on next week. I want to make sure I know how to light a sample chair properly before my client comes in next week with the real thing.

I've uploaded a picture today that I've entered in to this year's Masters Cup. The nominees and winners are being announced live online this Sunday and after being nominated last year I'm really hoping for the same again or maybe even a win but the competition is fierce and a lot of very good photographers from around the world enter. I don't go in for competitions much because I don't get time to enter them but I do like the format for the Masters Cup. Check out the website at http://www.thecolorawards.com/

No comments: