Tuesday 17 August 2010

The rain beat me today as I was supposed to be photographing a BUPA care home in Sandy (Bedfordshire) but as part of the brief was to photograph the exterior and also any interesting places to visit locally we had to postpone until tomorrow. I can cut in blue skies easily enough with Photoshop but to be honest I don't like to do that unless it's really needed because I never really think the pictures look natural - even if it's done really well.

Although it's a shame to postpone a job it has given me a chance to catch up on some post shoot processing and this morning I've finished both BUPA shoots from last week and I'm just about to start the post shoot processing from the two museums I photographed in Norwich and Gt Yarmouth last Thursday and Friday.

Yesterday I had phase two of a three part photo shoot at Epsom and Ewell High School where I've been commissioned to photograph the refurbishment of a couple of classrooms. The first shoot (last month) was to capture the awful old lighting and run down interior of the classrooms, then yesterday was all about capturing the work in progress with a new ceiling being installed and the old kit being ripped out. Then next month I'm back to photograph the completed refurb in all it's glory - it will definitely look so much better with a brand new state of the art lighting system and and full re-decoration.

The picture in today's blog entry is from Norwich Museum where one art gallery has been re-fitted with brand new LED spotlights which give a very natural colour rendering, use less energy than the original Tungsten spotlights, kick out much less heat and best of all last for years. Sounds like a win win situation for the museum to me!.





No comments: