Monday 30 August 2010

Hey where's the weekend gone!.


After a busy week last week I was looking forward to the Bank Holiday but as usual I ended up working to keep up with the post processing workload. I had four shoots in two days on Thursday and Friday which was a very busy end to the week. I left home at 7.00am on Thursday morning and drove to Heathrow where I photographed an office chair for one of my best clients at their HQ. This was some extra shots for a video production I've been working on for them and it made sense to shoot the additional few shots at their showroom rather than bringing the chair down to the studio in Milton Keynes again. Then I drove to Yate in South Gloucestershire where I photographed the new council offices. I stayed overnight in a Travel Lodge in Cribbs Causeway (not exactly the Ritz but the room was fine) and then had two photo shoots in Bristol on Friday - one at the new Bristol Skills Academy and the other Colston Hall.


After all that I had to zoom along to Clevedon to take a few exterior shots for BUPA as the weather was terrible when I photographed their care home a few weeks ago and at the time I had to abandon the exterior photography. As you can imagine by the time I got home to Milton Keynes I was shattered.


I've made a dent in the mountain of post shoot processing today but tomorrow and Wednesday will be spent in the office working through everything in Photoshop.


I've got a shoot on Thursday in Guildford and one in Milton Keynes on Friday so this week is full, and next week is looking busy too which is great news.


It's always great to get comments posted here in the blog and Andrew of Andrew Fowler Photography made an interesting point under last week's entry which is now shown in the blog (they have to be moderated first and that takes a day or two) so keep them coming!.



I've attached a shot I took last month for a BUPA care homes brochure. They have a lovely care home in Market Lavington and the brief is to photograph the home itself and the surrounding area. Here's a shot I took of Market Lavington church - nothing flash but I just like the picture.

1 comment:

Rog Frost said...

Hi

Nice photo of Market Lavington Church. Any chance of donating any of the care home and surrounding area shots to Market lavington Museum?

www.marketlavingtonmuseum.wordpress.com is our blog.

curator@marketlavingtonmuseum.org.uk is my email.

Cheers

Rog