Wednesday 11 August 2010

After a quiet day in the office on Monday post processing last week's work it was great to have a really busy day yesterday. Firstly I photographed another BUPA care home - this one in Clevedon which is a lovely town in Somerset, then I drove into London for a night shoot at Land Securities new HQ where I photographed their model room which has been lit with the latest high tech LED downlights. Then today I photographed a BUPA care home in Newbury before meeting one of my PR clients to collect some lamps which I need to photograph for a press release so all in all a pretty busy couple of days.


BUPA are a fantastic client to work for and the ladies that commission me at their head office are so pleasant and easy to get along with. This makes the job so much easier and I always find that if the client is easy going and happy then the photography reflects this and the pictures are more relaxed and therefore more creative. I love photographing the care homes as I always get a nice cup of tea when I arrive and quite often a piece of cake or biscuits too!.


The model room at Land Securities was a challenge as it was quite small and an odd shape but the lighting looked terrific and the models are very good. They cost a fortune to make and I was very careful not to bang into any of them with the tripod as any breakages would have been disastrous but luckily the job went very well and I have posted a picture of the room in today's blog.

Tomorrow I'm off to Great Yarmouth to photograph a museum and on Friday I'm photographing another museum in Norwich so hopefully I'll come home a more cultured and intellectual person!.





No comments: