Friday 24 September 2010

It's been a really busy week with some early starts and late nights so I'm pretty worn out right now!. The week began with a night shoot up in Chester at a new Comet store - I left home around 2pm after a busy morning in the office and got back home at around 1.30am. The following day was spent post processing the Comet pictures and catching up on some other bits of post shoot processing. Then I was up at 5.30am on Wednesday for an 8am start on a shoot in Epsom where I've been photographing the ongoing refurbishment of some classrooms with new state of the art lighting. To celebrate the opening of the new classrooms Philips Lighting organised a special activity day at the school in conjunction with Esher Rugby Club and John Inverdale came along to host the morning assembly. I took pictures through out the day and finished at around 4pm. I also videoed some interviews with some of the kids and their teachers.

I had another long day on Thursday as I was up in Sheffield to photograph the Marks and Spencer store in the city centre and today I had two jobs in London - one a new school near Kennington and the other a dealer room in an investment bank over in Upper Thames Street.

I've been home since 8pm and have been post shoot processing pictures since I got in and will probably finish at midnight so another long day.

It's always been really hard to balance my workload because working freelance you have to take the work when it comes in. I never let my customers down and work long hours to keep them happy and hit my deadlines. Last week I had no work and this week it's been bonkers - that's just the way it is!.

I've attached a picture from the shoot at Comet Chester - I used the 24mm Tilt and Shift lens to keep the vertical lines straight in the shot.

No comments: