Saturday 2 October 2010


I can't believe another week has gone since my last posting - that's crazy!.
Last week was a real tough one as I had a very busy schedule and ended up working long hours to keep up - but I'm not complaining as it is great to be busy!.
Monday's job was to photograph the Moto services at Wooley Edge on the M1 just north of Sheffield. My client is basically stripping out every light fitting and replacing them with new up to date energy efficient luminaires and they want before and after pictures. I spent the day photographing every room both front and back of house (so to speak) on both sides of the motorway capturing the old lighting. I'm back there again in a few weeks to photograph the new lighting installation and it should look a lot brighter!.
On Tuesday I had a BUPA care home to photograph but the weather beat us and we had to postpone until next week so I spent the day post shoot processing.
I did the last day of photography at Epsom and Ewell School on Wednesday where Philips Lighting my client have installed (free of charge!) a state of the art new lighting system whereby the light changes colour and intensity during the day to help to stimulate the kids and encourage them to be more alert. I have been a few times to photograph the various stages of the refurb and I've now finished as the new lighting is in place and working. The kids have responded very well to the new lighting and it looks like Philips were right when they said that the pupils would work harder under these clever new lights!.
I spent a very pleasant day at the LAPD (lighting designers) office near Welwyn on Thursday photographing informal portraits of their staff for their website. I did the existing headshots on their site a few years ago but they were a bit formal and these will look much more natural - hopefully!. We're converting them to black and white for a more artistic effect.
Friday was a very long day indeed - a 15 hour photoshop session post processing all the weeks work and getting the pictures issued out on CD.
A few weeks ago I was very luck to photograph two beautiful ladies in one session - Annalie and Maya. In today's blog I've posted a picture of Maya who is a full time actress and very natural model.

No comments: