Friday 8 October 2010

The end of another week and I must admit it's great to sit here with a glass of red wine and write up my blog entry with that great feeling you get after a busy and productive few days.

The week began with a big MOD building in Corsham near Bath. I was commissioned by the light fitting manufacturer who supplied all of the lights into the building and it turned out to be a really interesting shoot. The building is still unfinished so we had to work around the contractors completing their fit out but we still managed to get some good usable shots for a press release and new catalogue.

I had a portrait shoot in Guildford on Tuesday and the brief was to photograph a group of 26 people then smaller groups and finally a portrait of the MD. The building was quite small and I was a bit worried about where to take the big group shot but I emptied the reception area of all the furniture and managed to fit everyone in (just). I used a Bowens flash head bounced off the wall behind me to give a nice soft diffused light and the picture came out really well.

Wednesday was a catch up day in the office before a shoot for BUPA on Thursday and finally a portrait shoot in Bletchley today - all in all a pretty good week.

The BUPA work has been brilliant and they've been a fantastic client. The ladies that run the marketing team are all lovely and the care homes have all been really pleasant places to photograph with very friendly and helpful staff and happy residents. Unfortunately I think the shoot this week was probably the last one for the year as they are only really scheduled in for the summer months. I hope that I'm going to get a chance to work with the guys there again next year.

Next week is looking busy with a shoot in London on Monday and a possible two day video and stills shoot in Leeds on Thursday and Friday. Also there's a possible video interview for me to shoot on Wednesday for a TV company in Melton Mowbray (pork pie country!) so fingers crossed everything comes off as planned.

I've attached another picture of the lovely Maya in today's blog.




No comments: