Wednesday 15 September 2010

There's loads of great things about having your own business - especially being a photographer. Things like doing a job you love, seeing new places, every day being different etc etc. The only downside is the fact that if you're not working you're not earning!. This week was supposed to be pretty busy but the two day event photography booking for Monday and Tuesday was cancelled (the Chairman of the company wanted to fly his own photographer to London!) and the hospital shoot has been put back to next week. That means that this week is now pretty quiet (OK very quiet!) but it has given me a chance to get right up to date with the usual load of post shoot processing and also given me time to call a few clients to chase up some outstanding work.
I spent Monday in the office all day working in DXO and Lightroom running through RAW files and yesterday I went over to see Pete at Goldmoor TV to work on the final edit of a video I've filmed for one of my clients so that was time well spent.
Today I've post processed all the BUPA work from last week and updated my Flickr page with the shots I took of Kimberley the weekend before last.
The radio show is still on for Friday though so please tune in if you can - I'm on at 2.40pm on BBC Radio Three Counties which is broadcast across Herts Beds and Bucks on FM 103.8 and 104.5 and also on the Internet all over the world. It wo
uld be great to get a call from a blog reader!.
Once again thanks to everyone who's made comments in the blog. I try to post comments back but I'm not too sure if any sees the replies as I don't actually know how the blog works in that respect but please keep them coming. You can find me on Twitter too as redshiftphoto.
Here's another picture of Kimberley - this time one from the short studio session we did before we headed out on location.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm reading! and I have read the indirect reply you wrote back to me. :)

Sadly I'm working on Friday afternoons (as I am now) so it's not a great time for me to listen, but I would if I could. Don't suppose it's on iPlayer/available offline at all?

I'm enjoying reading the blog - a real insight to the life of a pro; the ups and the downs. It is my hope one day to make my passion my living... maybe one day.

Unknown said...

Hi Ben
Thanks for your kind words re the blog - please keep reading!. The show is available on the BBC iPlayer believe it or not and you can listen to it up to four days after it's been broadcast.
Best of luck with turning photography into a career - despite what some people say it's still a great way to earn a living and it's not impossible to go pro by any means.
Best regards
Dave