Thursday 9 December 2010

Teeth Whitening

The teeth whitening product photography went well (I mentioned this in the last blog entry) and I ended up shooting individual products and pack shots (a shot that shows both the box and the product next to the box) as well as a montage of all the products in the range. I've attached the montage shot in today's blog entry so if you want to get hold of some teeth whitening stuff cheap just let me know!!.

I had an interesting shoot last Friday night at Coutts Bank in London where I photographed some of the back of house areas such as offices etc and also some of the beautiful client meeting rooms and conference rooms. The building is a 1970's designed concrete structure with a very interesting central atrium with concrete beams reaching up into the ceiling. I will post some of the pictures here in the blog as soon as the bank have approved the shots.

I was lucky to photograph my friend and model Annalie in London yesterday where I took a series of shots of her with the London Eye and The Houses of Parliament in the background. After that shoot I went onto the Zumtobel Christmas party where I was invited along as a guest - thanks guys! - and also took some party shots whilst I was there. As the night went on everyone got pretty tipsy (me included as I was officially a guest!) and I got some pretty lively shots right up until my 24-105mm L series lens fell off of my 5d MK2 camera body for no apparent reason and smashed on the floor. Unfortunately the £900 lens didn't bounce this time (I have dropped it before) and the front element broke off!. What do they always say about mixing business with pleasure?.

So today is all about post shoot processing from yesterday's work and also trying to get my insurance company to stump up the money for a new lens - I wonder which job will prove to be the most difficult!.





4 comments:

Andrew Fowler Photography said...

Hi David

Dropping a lens would have to be my worst nightmare! OUCH!
Nice product shot - I like the dynamic background. I don't want to be a smart-arse but the labelling on the switches of the product at the front is reversed. I presume it's been flipped to improve the overall composition.

Unknown said...

The trays should be worn for one night every eight weeks.This technique has been found to be successful. Even though teeth whitening Bury is in the major city of Liverpool your customers will be searching directly like.
teeth whitening Liverpool

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew
Well spotted re the back to front lettering!. The client brief was to photograph the products onto a white backdrop which I did and I made the montage up as a sample of what I thought would look OK. I flipped the components a few times and resized them but I don't expect the client to use the sample I mocked up.
Best regards
Dave

Andrew Fowler Photography said...

Hi David

With your eye for detail, I knew you hadn't done it by mistake!
There's no doubt that a plain white background is pretty much the best way to show a basic product shot but it's nice to see something a bit different, as I said before, something a bit more dynamic, also nicely in keeping with the products.
A lot of my time (and yours too, I would imagine) is spent shooting white lighting products (containing a white light source) on a white background - a bit like photographing a snowman in a snowstorm!
Maybe it's time to introduce a bit of colour!
Keep up the good work!
Regards
Andrew