Thursday 2 December 2010

It's great to be back blogging again a bit more regularly after a manic few weeks including a bought of the Flu and I'm back up to date with a whole backlog of post shoot processing thanks to a postponed job in London. The snow seems to cause such mayhem in the UK (actually more specifically in England as the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish seem to cope pretty well with it) and the few millimetres we've had around London have caused lots of people to stay at home!.


At least the snow didn't come last week when I was up in Liverpool and Sheffield as that would have been a real problem.


Today I've got some product photography to do which I'm doing here in the office as it's a collection of small items (teeth whitening products!) so I don't need to use the studio. I'll be using two or three Canon Speedlite flashguns fired via the Canon ST-E2 remote flash controller. This is a useful setup for small product photography and the flashguns can be controlled in manual mode which gives me more control of the lighting. I'll post one of the product shots from this setup in the next blog entry.


I finished off the post shoot processing last night for the Unite HQ building in Liverpool that I photographed for the lighting manufacturer DW Windsor http://www.dwwindsor.com/. The building is beautifully lit with subtle LED colour change lighting. I photographed it at dusk to try to keep some blue in the sky and I captured the red green and blue colour change for each angle. The car headlight trails are a result of the long exposure (10 seconds or so) needed to work in the low light of dusk and the camera was of course fixed on a heavy tripod to prevent any motion blur due to the camera moving. I've attached a couple of pictures of the building in today's blog.


LED lighting is without doubt the future of all lighting and within 5 years I would guess that every home in the UK will be using some kind of LED lighting fixture.


Now I'm off to walk my dogs in the snow before it gets dark!.






No comments: