Wednesday 15 December 2010










Good news on the broken L series lens (see last post) as my camera repair guy Dave at the Camera Repair Workshop at Wharfside in Fenny Stratford repaired my lens for £25. He's a really good repair man and his prices are very fair indeed. I was fearing a large repair bill or an insurance claim with a big excess so to pay £25 was a real relief.




December is a very quiet month for me and usually results in me feeling pretty down at Christmas as I love to be busy and I need to keep lots of work coming in as my daily rate is very competitive compared to some commercial photographers. I've had a good week so far though with the shoot at the Thompson Holiday superstore in Greenford on Monday, a shoot at the Environment Agency building in Bristol yesterday and today's shoot at a school in Leicester.




Tomorrow I have a client meeting in Leeds and on Friday I'm out with some clients for a Christmas booze up in London starting at All Star Lanes in Bayswater.




Next week is pretty empty though except for my monthly radio show on BBC Three Counties Radio on Monday and a client meeting in Stevenage later the same day.




The show on Monday is about getting good pictures of family and friends at parties etc so if anyone out there has any tips you want me to pass on please let me know!.




I'm really hooked on Twitter at the moment which I find surprising as I never thought it would be my kind of thing but if you'd like to follow me I'm on Twitter as @redshiftphoto.




I've posted a couple of my favourite portraits that I've taken this year on today's blog - please let me know what you think.




Lastly I'd like to say "Come on England" for the third test that starts in Perth later tonight!.












No comments: